Since I've only existed for a short time, you'd think I would've led a pretty sheltered life. Not to toot my own horn or anything but, for only being 2 months and 11 days old, I've gotta say I've had some great life experiences already. You know how some people have a "list"...you know, things they want to do before they die? Well, completing a marathon was one of those things on my list and, as of today, I can successfully check that one off!
Not only did I complete the distance, but I was able to raise a little money for breast cancer research as well & meet some awesome people along the way. The event was the "Avon Walk for Breast Cancer" & I tagged along with one of my human family members as she walked. Now, some may say it doesn't really count because we didn't run but I say 26.2 miles is a long way no matter how you get through it...even if you are just along for the ride!
Here are some pics of our adventure...

Here I am just before opening ceremonies. The day started around 4am to meet the team by 5:15, be at the starting area by 6 & then off just after 7:00. Holy cow, I have no clue what I am doing up this early when I have to walk 26 miles!!!!

Here's the "Walkers for Knockers" team...Jen, Peri, Kera, Jennifer, Kristy & Angie. I'm not sure why I didn't get a hat & boa. By the way, you might be able to see a few spots in the picture...No, that's not a crappy camera; that's the driving rain we had the pleasure of enduring for the first couple hours of the walk. Hey, when it's all said and done, that's nothing compared to chemo.

The walk started with opening ceremonies, including live testimonials from survivors. Now, I consider myself a cow's cow but even I got a little teary-eyed. It was a great reminder of why we were all there and how much good all that physical punishment was going to do.

Part of what makes the event great are the crew & "supporters" along the route. Believe me, once you're in the double digit mileage, you need all the energy boosters & levity you can get & the crazier, the better. "Captain Cleavage" and his secret cleavage crew were among our favorites...he was Moocho fabulous!

The FINISH LINE!!!! Take it from me, the smiles on the faces belie the pain in their feet...but it was all worth it for a great cause!
2 comments:
Stan, your philanthropic gestures really mooove me. Can't wait to hear move of your adventures. Hopefully, cows are good about updating their blogs. P.S.--I hope we can become great pals, and, don't worry, I am a vegetarian!
I can't wait to see what Stan did in Cabo??? Did he like tequila?
Post a Comment