Monday, August 18, 2008

And, So it begins...

So here I am...Stan the Lincoln Park Zoo cow. Just a few days old and already able to read & write in English as well as use a computer. Pretty advanced, huh? Here are a few pics of my first day in the brave new world with my family. They're pretty cool but, and maybe this is just me, it seemed like they spend a lot of time in bars...One of my homies from the zoo. It was hard to leave the old hood but I'm all about adventure!

Being young doesn't mean I don't have fashion sense. These jeans make my butt look awesome!

So, even though we'd been walking all day Kurt insisted on going to Molly's Cupcakes in Lincoln Park...anything for Ron & Fez. At least this stop didn't involve alcohol...


At the helm at Hugo's Frog bar. Mmm, crab legs!

I may be young, but I'm already an adrenaline junkie. Here I am at the top of the Hancock building washing a few windows...look closely and you'll see me between the top 2 rails.

Here I am at a pub in Lincoln Park. Matt was hanging there with Kurt while Jen and Sarah went shopping in hoity-toity shops.

After walking from the hotel to Navy Pier on our last day, Matt & Kurt appeared as though they were going to collapse from heat exhaustion. So, when they saw the sign for Bubba Gump's, we had to stop. It's a fun restaurant but you can see their priorities...

I love the view from Navy Pier. Ahh, to smell the salt air...of Lake Michigan. C'mon, I'm a cow, what do I know??

Matt doesn't usually talk to bartenders that much but he seemed to be really friendly with this one. I thought it was a little weird but he said Jen wouldn't mind...besides, she was spending lots of money shopping & his beer seemed to get refilled even before it was empty. I'm kind of new to this scene...Do all girls flip their hair and giggle this much??

Just when it seemed like we were never going to stop walking, the boys finally whined the girls into submission and we headed to the Taylor Street section of Chicago (Little Italy) to grab some grub. Jen picked a restaurant and turned out to be a hero....RoSal's is our new favorite Italian restaurant on the planet. More to come after we actually visit Italy...

So sad to see it end but you know what they say about "all good things..." Besides, for me, this is really just the beginning!






































































1 comment:

Carolyn said...

You are too funny. I haven't updated my blog in forever.... But you are lerring your creativity come through on this one... Congrats on the race